Monday, January 16, 2012

Musing Monday


Musing Monday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading. This week's question is...
What devices - if any do you read books on? Do you find it enjoyable, or still somewhat bothersome? Or: If you only read the print books, why haven't you chosen to read on any devices?


I will start out and say I always , always , always prefer paperback , nothing beats the smell and feel of a fresh paperback. That aside I do own a Nook that I do use very often now that I'm a Blogger. I read my Nook most often in bed now since it has it's own light. I also have adobe on my computer which allows me to read e- copies of books . So my question is what do you prefer.. e readers or actual books?

Join us next week for Musing Mondays

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

First off, let me say, I love your blog! The layout and colours are gorgeous =).

Also, totally agree with you on the paperback front! My all time favourite way to read is with *gasp* curling the covers of my paperbacks. I try not to as much these days because I'm attempting to keep my bookshelf looking nice but ..that will always be a favourite for me.

New follower =)

Chels
Chels and a Book

Kara said...

Hey Tristen! Great question and thanks for sharing your preference :) I don't have a kindle, but I do review ebooks on my laptop and I SOOOO prefer print books. I have loved books since I was 11 years old and even though there are many convenient ways of reading an ebook, I still choose holding a paperback :) Have a great week!
Kara
karathewriter.blogspot.com

Jess said...

Reading devices are convenient, but you are right about paperbacks. Isn't it great to see a fresh stack of books waiting to be read?

Crystal Campbell said...

This is a hard question for me. I love my Nook Color that books are available to me anytime I feel like and, are cheaper than a hardcover book. I also love that I can get indie books that are not in print. But I also love hardcover books, a house just wouldn't be the same without books. I think anyone that is passionate about books has this wimsical idea of having a glorious library like in Beauty and the Beast. :) or is that just me?

Kara said...

Crystal, that's EXACTLY the library I want (from Beauty and the Beast)....TOTALLY agree with you :)

Totally Booked Solid said...

Crystal and Kara I would take the Beauty and the Beast Library in a heartbeat. Chelsey.. thanks on the comment about the blog .. I had a good friend and wonderful blog designer do it for me.. I will give you a tsk tsk about curling the covers though. Jess I'm with you a nice stack of books makes my day.

 
Content © Totally Booked Solid. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.