Monday, January 9, 2012

Monday Musings

Weekly Meme hosted by MizB from Should Be Reading

Are there any “raved reads” –books that everyone seems to be talking about– that you’re hoping to get read this year, yourself?
What books are they, and why are you hoping to read them? Is it because you want to say you’ve read it? Or, would you have chosen to read it, even if you’d discovered it yourself, and no one was raving about it?


Cinder would be the book that I keep hearing about that I really really really want to read. Since the book came out I have tried to get it at Books- A-Million, twice I have lost in a contest for it, two walmarts and neither of them have it, but i did see that it was at a Target but had already spend my book budget . :( I will get this book at some point that much is for sure.
Summary of the book by goodreads: Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. . . .

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.


What books are you most looking forward to getting?

4 comments:

caite said...

don't think Cinder is my cuppa tea, but generally I am not a fan of hyped books..or hyped anything really.

Crystal Campbell said...

I love re-told fairy tales, they are probably my favorite genre to read but for some reason I am hesitate about reading this one. I think it is all the hype over it and I heard the love story isn't that strong in it. I might get it from the library.

Anonymous said...

Cinder looks really good I have heard of this one! Here is my MM

New follower
Happy reading!
Anna =)

Totally Booked Solid said...

@ Crystal.. that is what I usually do with books if I'm not sure about them.. gotta love the Library @caite what kinds of books do you like?
@ Anna thanks for the follow I joined your site as well

 
Content © Totally Booked Solid. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.