Thursday, January 12, 2012

Booking Through Thursday

Booking Through Thursday
hosted by Books,Biscuits & Tea

This week is Reading Interview week it seems . I choose to join this one purely cause it will give you a chance to know me a bit more. remember to link in I would love to know more about my followers :)

1. What’s your favorite time of day to read?

My favorite time to read is in the evening mainly because I have a two year old and with her cartoons and chattering it's hard to read during the day. Though my two year old and I read her books during the day.
2. Do you read during breakfast? (Assuming you eat breakfast.)
It's hard for me to read in the mornings . Mornings are usually devoted to emails ,blogs and my little girl. I have been known to read at breakfast when on vacation or when no one else is in the house.
3. What’s your favorite breakfast food?
I would say I have lots of favorites when it comes to breakfast. We are a cereal and waffles ( with peanut butter) kind of family. Idealy though I guess my favorite breakfast food is cinnamon or orange rolls.


4. How many hours a day would you say you read?
To many hours? :) Between school ( I'm going back to college) and blogging - that takes up most of my morning, then in the evening homework and reading for fun or review . Easily 8 hours.

5. Do you read more or less now than you did, say, 10 years ago?
Much more than before . I have always enjoyed reading and now that I blog it has just exploded. I also read more now because I enjoy all the reading challenges . Good reads keeps me busy :)

6. Do you consider yourself a speed reader?
Yes! My husband and friend Kary comment about how fast I can read. Depending on the size of the book and how gripping the book is I can finish a 300 page book in about 3 hrs , give or take.

7. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
Able to move things with my mind , by the power of thought .. that would be freaken cool.

8. Do you carry a book with you everywhere you go?
Yep , there is usually a book in my purse or my daughters diaper bag. Though lately it has been my Nook that I carry more. I like having a book available when we are at the doctors office and such.

9. What KIND of book?
well if it's a book I'm caring with me ,it's usually a light read , because when you are out and about it's easy to get distracted, so I like to have a book that doesn't require a lot of attention to it.

10. How old were you when you got your first library card?
Wow that was a long time ago . I remember I used to go to the library with my Grandmother, when we stayed the summer with her , so I was really young 7 or 8 I believe.

11. What’s the oldest book you have in your collection?
I wouldn't say any of my books are old as in when printed or condition wise but story wise I have a collection of Edgar Allan Poe, Grimm fairy tales , and Hans Christian Anderson fairy tales.

12. Do you read in bed?
Yep almost every night until the wee hours of the morning.

13. Do you write books?
Nope, but my husband writes .. and I hope someday I can get him to finish his book.

14. If you had one piece of advice to a new reader, what would it be?
Don't always judge a book by it's review. Use it as a guideline because not everyone likes the same kinds of books . So what one person thinks is a horrible book .. you may love and it would be a shame to miss out on a book that could be exceptional for you.

3 comments:

Library Kary said...

I love this! Great answers! I think I would be a much faster reader if I wasn't so easily distracted!

Library Kary said...

Here is my BTT post: http://theonceandfuturelibrarian.blogspot.com/2012/01/booking-through-thursday-reading-habits.html

Construction Cleaning Hammond said...

Hi thannks for sharing this

 
Content © Totally Booked Solid. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.