Tuesday, April 10, 2012

BabyLit: Alice in Wonderland and Jane Eyre



I was privileged to get these two books Little Master Carroll- Alice and WonderLand and Little Miss Bronte- Jane Eyre , they are two books in a series of BabyLit books published by Gibbs Smith Publisher and Written by Jennifer Adams , illustrated by Alison Oliver.

I will start with my thoughts on the Alice and Wonderland book . This book was classified as a Colors Primer. The colors were vibrant and easy for a young child to follow along and to learn. I love how the classic stories are integrated in a easy way for young kids , bringing to life the stories we all know and love.

Jane Eyre was just as delightful as Alice and Wonderland, though the colors were not a bright , but that is ok cause Jane Eyre is a Counting Primer not a color one . I found the illustrations to be nice and whimsical and once again this book was a nice twist on the classic Jane Eyre , setting up some key ideas that as the reader gets older they would recognize the ideas in the original classic.

I highly recommend these books for young readers, and I will be looking into getting the rest of the series for my 2 year old .. she loved them.

Here are couple of the other books in the BabyLit series:



Review is posted on the Blog, FB, Amazon, Goodreads
 
Content © Totally Booked Solid. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.