Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Pandemonium Review

Book two in the Delirium series (Delirium review)
Publisher:HarperCollins
Publish Date:February 28, 2012
Number of pages : Hardback

Summary from Goodreads:
I’m pushing aside the memory of my nightmare,
pushing aside thoughts of Alex,
pushing aside thoughts of Hana and my old school,
push,
push,
push,
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.

Review:
Before reading Pandemonium, I have been hearing lots of flack about how others didn't like the book and that the ending was horrible . This book proves to me all the more that not everyone is going to like the same things when it comes to books. Pandemonium centers the story around Lena and her life now that Alex is dead and she is learning to survive in the Wilds. the old Lena has died off in order to survive the delirium that Alex caused within her. It took me a little bit to fully get into the story because it's written in a Then and Now type setting. Then being when Lena first lived in the Wilds , to Now , the events that happened after Lena is strong again. In the Now Lena is surviving the loss of Alex her first love , the one who infected her with the Delirium . Nothing could prepare her for the idea that she might open her heart to another... that she might just infect someone else with the Delirium. Julian becomes an unexpected interest in Lena , but Lena struggles with the thought of giving her heart to another, after all she lost her first love. In this book you get to see the growth in Lena all the more for now not only does she have to survive the Wilds without Alex , but now she has to survive the possibility of falling in love. I will disagree to a point with those that did not like the ending . I myself have a love hate relationship with it purely cause its a cliff hanger and makes me upset that I have to wait so long for the next book. The ending left me with that "Oh Crap" feeling and without a doubt book three will be in my greedy little hands the very moment if goes on sale. So thank you Lauren Oliver for writing such a fantastic book , I will go sit in the corner now and pout until book three magically appears.

The is review is of my own opinion I was in no way compensated for it.
The review can also be found on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Goodreads , and the FB page.

Enjoy....
 
Content © Totally Booked Solid. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.