Friday, June 8, 2012

Follow Friday

Follow Friday hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.

This weeks follow question is .... more of a feature a fellow blogger of our own .. so I chose my friend Kary over at the Once and Future Librarian. the neat thing about Kary and I are we live in the same town and are friends , we share books  , we hang out .. it's fun to have a blogger friend so close. I asked some of the featured questions and added a few of my own .. to give you a chance to know the Once and Future Librarian


1. When did you start blogging?
I actually first started blogging in 2008 with a couponing blog! I also kept a family blog. My first book blog post was in August 2010. I started a project that I called The Newbery Project. I planned to read every Newbery Honor and Medal winning book (all 350 plus) and decided to blog about it. This sprouted into a full- fledged love of reviewing and blogging and I started The Once and Future Librarian blog in May of 2011.
.
2. What is your favorite part of book blogging?
I love being able to discuss my favorite subject with people who are just as passionate about it as I am! My husband is not a reader, so he can only take so much of my book blathering, and not many of my friends are as into books as I am. I am very blessed to have my fellow blogger, Tristen of Totally Booked Solid, as my Real Life Friend, who lives within just a few miles of me – so we can get together to trade books, meet up to talk books, and IM on facebook pretty much every single day. Without her, I would probably drive my husband insane, lol!
 
3. What is your favorite book(s)?
You might as well ask my favorite child! I guess one of my all time favorites would have to be The Hunger Games trilogy. When I was a kid, my favorites included the Ramona Quimby books by Beverly Cleary and all Judy Blume books (but there were SO many others….) I also really, really love anything by Ellen Hopkins. I’ve read every single one of her books.
 
4. What has been the best thing that has happened to you because of book blogging?

Well, I always get that little thrill whenever I get an email from an author or publisher asking me to review their books. And an even bigger thrill when I get a book in the mail! And an even BIGGER one when it is signed or personalized! It’s just really neat to connect and communicate with authors and others in the industry. I love feeling like I’m a part of it, even if it is a very small part.
 
.
6. What blog posts are you most proud of?
Hmmm, that’s hard. I guess, one would be my first author interview. It was with Victoria Foyt, author of Revealing Eden: http://theonceandfuturelibrarian.blogspot.com/2012/02/valentines-day-with-victoria-foyt.html
7. What do you like to do outside of blogging and reading?
 
I like to spend time with my family: my husband and my kids, ages 14, 11, and 9. They keep me pretty busy. I like to plan activities for us to do together. I also like couponing and organizing – sounds exciting, huh? I’m also a full time college student, so I really don’t have much time for hobbies…


Fave Drink: sweet tea, and now that summer is here – SHAVED ICE!!!! My fave flavors have watermelon in the mix: melon/blueberry, melon/strawberry, melon/bubblegum, etc.
 
Fave Color: pink
 
Fave Place to Read: theoretically, it would be in a comfy lounge chair outside in the shade on a 70 degree day…or in an overstuffed armchair in a quiet corner of a bookstore…but realistically, it is my recliner.
 
3 Things Besides Books That You Are Addicted To: snow cones, like I said before, I have to have them a few times a week!!, facebook – I don’t know why, but I HAVE to check it constantly, and salt and vinegar chips – ooooh, I love that mouth puckering flavor!
 
 
If you were stuck on an island what are the three things you would want the most to have: definitely a nice stash of reading material, a nice stash of Ambien (because I do not sleep well in strange places), and….a lounge chair?
Well that is my wonder book friend Kary .. be sure to head over to her site .. she has a giveaway going on right now for a wonderful little book for girls called Here's Lily .  be sure to hit us both up for a follow if you haven't already.



 
Content © Totally Booked Solid. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.