Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Easter's Lily Review


Summary from Goodreads:

It was Easter Sunday; the day Lilly's life went from safe and comfortable to dangerously unfamiliar. Her transformation takes her from a small town girl having an affair with a low ranked gangster in the Montiago crime syndicate, to a woman of grace and fortitude married to the head of the organization.Easter's Lilly is an inspired journey from the idyllic to the darker side of self-discovery. Read as the over-privileged brothers embark on their journey that twists and turns down the road of unbridled passion in this first book of the series.


My review:
I would like to start off my first saying I hate giving bad reviews because I believe every author goes through a lot to put themselves out there , that being said Easter's Lily was not what I would call a fabulous book. The idea of the story was good , Lily being a good girl the daughter of a cop , only to get into a relationship with a gangster. My problem with the book is everything happened to fast . Lily meets John, Lily sleeps with John, John gets Lily preggos, and then he dies , and Lily marries a high ranked gangster .. my problem with that it that all of those things happened with in the first 84 or so pages. There was no realistic quality to the book for me . All that aside I will be reading the next book because I think everyone deserves a second chance. I think if the story where to slow down a moment , build some monument instead throwing it all at you at once I would enjoy it more . I do look forward to seeing the next book and how the author will move on with the lives of those in Easter's Lily.
well folks that is my review , and by all means do not let my review throw you off from reading this book , because not everyone is looking for the same thing when it comes to books. :)

I reviewed this book from Ever After Pr and the author Judy Serrano and I have not been compensated for this book other than getting to read it.

My review is posted on Goodreads, FB, Amazon.
 
Content © Totally Booked Solid. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.